Friday, November 12, 2010

Primping

So I realized this morning that whenever I have any appointment for IF, be it the RE or bloodwork or a procedure. I find myself primping more than usual. I get a little more dressed up. Wear a dress, heels, the whole 9 yards. It's not that I'm trying to impress or attract anyone in the offices I am visiting. I think that this all makes me feel like less of a woman, so by gussying up...I am compensating. Silly, yes. But true. And it's funny. I have met so many amazing women during this journey. And never once have I had these thoughts about them. But when it comes to me...I feel "less" for not being able to do what other women do all the time. I think part of it stems from having a very fertile family. My mother had 7 children. My sisters have had children everytime they wanted. Even my SILs have been successful as soon as they decided they wanted to. So why not me? ::sigh:: Just the way it goes I guess. So I donned my pretty dress. Put on my highest heels. Double checked my make up and hair and set out to get my blood drawn this morning. I'm a freak, yes..but I look damn good...tee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment