Wednesday, November 3, 2010

More updates...

So I had my brain MRI on Monday night. It was truly horrible. They strapped my head down inside a box and then slid me into the MRI tube. Ran the tests then slid me back out and told me to remain still while they inserted the contrast. I had to guide her through my veins, left side...they roll...while I'm inside this horrible box. After she did the contrast...but not because of the contrast...I started getting really hot and thought I was going to be sick. Inside the box. Which started giving me a panic attack. I knew it was close to the end and didn't want to stop it and have to start from the beginning again. So I pictured my happy place...me very pregnant walking on the beach with James running in front of me. Chasing birds and running from the waves while collecting shells and Jimmy walking down to join us. And with that I was able to make it through and run to the bathroom after. It was horrible and I pray I never have to do it again.

RE appointment went as we expected/hoped/feared. Nothing indiates any issues at this point other than our age. Shocker..we're old!! Jimmy has to have an SA. I have to have an HSG and some other tests on CD 2-3 of next cycle as well as some fasting tests, which I can do at the same time. Then if all goes well with those we will do possibly Femara if needed from the results of one of the tests that required 8 vials of blood yesterday. Also had another dildo cam u/s. Love those. We will also do a HCG trigger shot and timed sex this coming cycle while we wait on the testing to be completed. If this does not work and all tests show we are clear...then we leap frog over IUI and go directly to IVF. And due to cost, and since we are OOP we would only be able to afford 1 cycle (if my grandfather is still helping us out...I have to go and meet with him and share the details and see where we stand)...so it's all or nothing..if it's anything at all. Scary, exciting and frustrating all wrapped into one messy TTC box. But that's the hand we've been dealt. If the IVF does not work. It's on to more indepth discussions about fostering/adoption and where we want to go from there.

The doctor thought Jimmy was Jewish since he asked if he had any history of Ty Sachs. There is a middle eastern heritage issue, but his family has no history. The billing chick was funny and was shuffling through her papers and I asked a question and she finally looked at me and stops and says, "You are SO cute". Which was a nice tension breaker. Then at the end she looked at Jimmy and said, "I see we are done here, he's got the completely glazed over look on his face." and she was right. He was so overwhelmed. But we snuggled last night and had a great talk about everything. On the way home we stopped to pick up James and bought Chinese to share with my Mom. It was a nice way to end the day.

November has been a long month already and it's only the 3rd!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your happy place & I know you will be there for real in the near future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your happy place!!! I hope your dreams all come true and you get a baby at the end of all of this!!! I can't wait to see you next month!! Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete