Friday, October 1, 2010

Some updates...

Jinx is eating. I swear he saw "the box"...the carrier he goes in to go to the vet and it scared him. Because the minute I placed it on the chair to get ready to pop him in for our visit, I turned around and he was chowing down. He ate again this morning twice before I left for work. You can already see the concaveness of body starting to fill out. And he is crying so much less. I'm sure the little bugger was starving. Thank you God. My prayers have been answers. I believe he will be fine now. Whew.

I got my RE appointment scheduled. It's going to be November 2nd @ 1 p.m. We have to drive an hour and a half for all our appointments. That's the closest "good"/recommended doctor we could find. But it will be worth it if the success rate is as good as it's supposed to be. I called my primary physician and my OB/GYN to have all prior tests/bloodwork/ultrasounds sent to him. They say it can be as much as $625 for the first appointment. But that is largely in part to an internal ultrasound. Well...I've had two of those done since December, so hopefully that won't be required again. She is going to call me the week before, once they have everything being sent to them and let me know the cost exactly. Fingers crossed it's alot less that that first figure. But it is what it is and will be what it will be. I'm praying that this cycle will be it for us and the RE will be unnecessary completely. But I need to accept that this next step may well be our only chance of successfully having a pregnancy.

I am so lucky that Jimmy is the kind of man who did and would take on full custody of his son. It's made not having a baby yet that much easier. Between the needs of James on our time and such keeping me busy...and the love I get from him. It's that much less difficult to be unsuccessful each month. I still want a sibling (or two) for him...and pray that becomes a reality soon. But in the mean time, I have my love to talk my ear off and cuddle in my lap on a bad day.

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear your cat is eating again! Good luck at your first RE appointment.. so exciting!! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete