Monday, October 18, 2010

Yeah...fate hates me...

So I'm driving home from working late on Friday night. In traffic I normally miss. And the car in front of me stops due to the car in front of them stopping. I stop. The guy behind me tries to shoot into the right lane instead and doesn't do a very good job of it and nails the back left corner of my car with the front right corner of his. He left 27 feet of skip marks. That's how fast he was going. So we pull over and he yells at me, "What happened, didn't you see me?". Um. You were behind me and I had to stop. The car in front of me stopped. What would you have liked me to do. I asked if he wanted me to call the police. He told me to do what I wanted. Luckily a very nice lady (two actually in the same car) had witnessed it (they were in the car behind him) and stopped and waited till the police arrive. So the police come and since he was in his marine corp gear they did not issue him a ticket. They listed him as the #1 driver, which means he's the responsible party, but still. My nephew is serving in Afganistan right now, don't get me wrong...but I don't agree with this. If you did something illegal, you should get a ticket! End of story. No matter who you are. And can you believe that he had the nerve to call and try and put a claim against me on my insurance!!? I mean, for what? Did I hit reverse and leave 27 feet of skid marks hitting you? I don't think so. I guess he didn't realize that I'm married to an insurance adjuster. Or that he would know all the parties investigating this for the insurance. So Jimmy went and took pictures of the skid marks and location of the accident to show that I could not have possibly been responsible. And luckily the witness spoke to them as well and told them what had happened. That I was stopped already when he struck me. The vehicle adjuster measured my treads to show that it was not my car that left the skid marks. My car weights 6600 pounds and he was going fast enough to move it forward and sideways!! Pretty impressive, huh? Unfortunately it also meant that he hit me hard enough to screw my back up. I started having the pain and numbness I experienced prior to my surgery last year. So I contacted my primary doctor and my surgeon and am now waiting to see what sort of imaging I have to have done to see if they damaged my fusion up or if it's just residual pain or what. I am in hell and it feels like it is taking everyone too long to get back to me. I can't sleep again from the pain. And I am working overtime all week this week. Sucks. I didn't go to James football game yesterday because I was in so much pain, so of course, he got his first interception and touchdown and almost got another touchdown when he ran the whole field!! Yeah...fate hates me. I just can't figure out why. And now I have to tell everyone involved (per my insurance people) that we are actively trying to get pregnant and how this might hinder that process and/or pregnancy for me. I really don't want to share that with strangers (other than you Lovelies :)...but I guess it's necessary. Embarrassing...but necessary. Just what I need, more people pitying the poor freak who can't get pregnant. ::sigh::

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that happened to you! The guy that hit you is a total jerk, but I am glad that no one is buying his story.

    I hope the pain goes away soon!

    (((hugs)))

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nooo. ((huge hugs)) I hope your back feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( I'm so sorry, Heather! What a douche. I hope you feel better soon, and there's no permanent damage done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry for this happening to you, I'm glad you are okay (sort of). That guy is an ass, Marine Corp or not.

    ReplyDelete