Friday, September 4, 2009

Why...

is my family falling apart?? First we get the news that my Dad has prostate cancer. He is now two weeks into his eight week radiation stint. Next on Sunday my sister hears a pop in her back and can not move. Taken to the emergency room by ambulance. Surgery on Tuesday after no feeling in her legs. Wednesday things looked good, she could wiggle her toes and was in very good spirits. Yesterday (Thursday) she takes a turn for the worse. Having trouble breathing, vomitting all food up, violent headache. Checked for blood clots. None found. Issues remain unsolved or diagnosed. No visitors allowed in to see her at all. Not even during the very limited ICU visiting hours. Mom heads down anyway and Michielle and I are heading out today after working partial days. I pray that we can see her. I pray that they find the cause of her discomfort and she can begin to heal. That she is released soon so she can be comfortable at home and see her girls who are too young to go into ICU. I'm sure she's really missing them. I personally now have to have a similar surgery, but on my neck (at the base near back). The numbness is not improving beyond the pin prickles going away. The numbness is there going strong. I am at the point where I can't do buttons or put earring backs on. Too small and I don't have the control over my hand to master it. The pain is back in my left shoulder and arm. It has gotten worse. The PM doctor said that it was a pretty severe case and if the meds didn't work or it got worse, the only remaining option is surgery. I have put in calls to the office to find out (a) what is the name of the surgery they will be doing on me and (b) who they are referring me to. I would like to do research on both for my own (and DH's) peace of mind. But also so they can get the referral into the surgeon's office and I can get on thier books to see him/her. DH asked if me I was going to wait till 2010 as we have a crap load of stuff going on at the end of this year. I told him I would love to, but I don't know if I can live like this much more. It's gone on too long and I'm exhausted and just want to feel better. I don't think it's too much to ask. Unfortunately, since the doctor's office has not returned any of my calls, I may not have a say in the matter. I hate waiting on returned calls, so frustrating. But fingers crossed. And right now, I'm too focused on worrying about Danielle to even think about what is to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment