Monday, August 8, 2011

Girl's Weekend

So, I leave on Thursday night for my yearly Fall Funk Fest, my yearly girls weekend. I know it's not Fall yet, but we are "borrowing" a condo from one of the girl's sister and this is when we could have it. Kind of rough since it's Florida and it's August and this year has been HOT. But I would be dying in the heat either way I guess. Thursday is going to be a long day. I get up and get James to school. Then off to work. Pick him up after work and take him home. Make sure I have everything together including the cooler of drinks and food I am bringing. Then it's a 3.5 hour drive to the airport. Pick up the girls and then drive another 45+ minutes to the condo from the airport. We should get in after midnight. I'm not sure I have that in me :) And if I'm honest I am terrified of keeping up with them the entire weekend. I am having a hard time lately being in the heat and even running basic errands with Jimmy on weekends is exhausting. I need a nap on work days. So I hope I don't drag them down. We already had to cancel going air boating because of me. But they keep saying we are going to take it easy. Lay by the pool and walk around downtown. I hope that it's not too much on me. But I know they will understand if it is...they are my girls after all. So looking forward to seeing them and catching up. I miss them when we are in our own little states. So.much.fun!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have an amazing time on your girls weekend! you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are having fun dear!! Its a well deserved vacation, for sure!

    ReplyDelete