Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Level 2 Ultrasound

So we finally had our Level 2 ultrasound. We got to see our little one for the first time in 13 weeks. We had been in the dark since our viability u/s at 7 weeks. We are having a beautiful, healthy, moving around like crazy BOY!! I am so excited.


Isn't he gorgeous? I am more and more in love every time. And because of (1) my age (2) the u/s doctor is good friends with my RE and (3) he had a daughter who had a baby last year at my age...the doctor wants to do at least 1, possible 2 more u/s as we progress. So I have another one in 8 weeks. I'm waiting to hear what the date is...but I'm so thrilled to see him again. Especially since I have a front placenta. Meaning it's buffering me from feeling Asher move and kick and be as active as I watched him be yesterday. He was moving so much that the tech said he was making her job really hard, and I could not be more thrilled. So I very possible will not feel him at all. And definately not this early. I am devastated. This is my one and only shot at pregnancy...so I was SO looking forward to feeling him in there...and it breaks my heart that I may never. But he is doing amazing in there. He has long legs and a big belly (according to the tech) and he is a little above average in size...he's a lb. already!! So all is good in my world. Jimmy and I are over the moon and already starting to really plan the nursery. I can not wait!! James was a little bummed as he wanted a sister, but I think he'll change his tune once he meets his amazing little brother. Because...they are going to be best friends, I just know it :)

2 comments:

  1. YAHOOOOO! Yay for a little boy! I am so over the moon excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I had a front placenta with DS #2 and I could still feel him. It was a little later and more on the sides though. So there's hope to feel that little boy move! GL!

    ReplyDelete