Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Update...

So I had my first shot procedure done and I survived. I have quite a bit of pain from the injection site and I can't tip my chin down towards my chest. But my arm and shoulder and such are absolutely better. So I will take the temporary additional pain for the improvements I already feel. It is amazing. I have my first physical therapy class tonight. I hope they can give me some good work out advise that will allow me to keep in shape, but not injury myself further. The nurse said something about massage therapy as well, so I am keeping my fingers crossing on that. I love me a good massage. Could be the silver lining I have been waiting for :) Friday I am off work to have my second shot procedure done. Dr. V was only available first thing in the morning and I could not come back to work after. I have to rest and let my body heal. They recommend you don't leave your bed/couch for the remainder of the day. You also can't drive for 24 hours because of the sedative. So I will be chilling at home instead. Then I have to wait two weeks for the third and final shot. But it has definately been worth all the anxiety and pain to have the relief I am already experiencing. And it's only going to improve as we move forward. Now I just have to pray that this is it. That this "fixes" the issue and I don't have to do this whole thing again in the future. At least for many, many years...like when the kids are in college or starting to have thier own babies...is that too much to ask for? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment