Friday, February 18, 2011

STAT

So I got up early. Got James up early. Headed out of the house early. Headed over to the lab for my E2 bloodwork. On a funny side note when we pulled into the parking lot, James says to me, "You're getting more blood taken?" I say yes. He says, "Pretty soon you're not going to have any more blood to give!!". He's is so wise :) Make sure I tell the tech that this needs to be STAT. She assures me that it will be. Puts a STAT sticker on the paperwork. I call the RE's nurse and remind her that I'm having the bloodwork done. I stupidly tried to save myself the hour and a half drive to the RE's office and had it done at a local lab. Big mistake. I get a call that afternoon that the lab informed the nurses that they don't STAT on E2 testing. Really? You couldn't have told me that prior? So they won't get my results till today (which FYI have STILL not come in). So the RE had to guess at what to adjust my meds to. Not giving me a warm fuzzy. Especially since I already screwed them up on my own the first time. Trying not to panic about the meds and if they are going to work with all the wonky things happening. I also need to know if they are keeping me on the same dosage of the one med, because if they are, I need them to call in another script for it and have it filled in time for Monday delivery. Grr.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still thinking positive for you love!! lots of prayers and good thoughts coming your way.

    ReplyDelete